Help For Planning Your Estate
Planning for the future and establishing the right legal documents for the protection of heirs are important steps. Many people are hesitant to begin estate planning, believing they will have more time tomorrow. Often, tomorrow never comes and when a family member passes away, the estate administration process can be complex and intimidating during a time of grief. At Johnston, Stannard, Klesner, Burbidge & Fitzgerald, P.L.C., our team of attorneys can help you begin your estate plan and help you with many of the issues related to estate planning and administration.
Comprehensive Estate Planning And Probate Attorneys
Our knowledge and experience with a broad spectrum of legal matters, including family law and business law, informs all of our estate planning work. We are attentive listeners and resourceful, creative problem-solvers as well as lawyers who know how to navigate the probate process and address complex inheritance concerns and disputes.
We bring together more than a century of combined legal experience. You can turn to our accomplished legal team with confidence for counsel and representation in matters such as:
- Drafting of essential estate planning documents tailored to your specific needs, including a last will and testament and powers of attorney appointing those best qualified to make decisions should you pass away or become incapacitated
- Selection and development of more sophisticated estate planning tools, such as living trusts, for people with substantial assets to protect or other unique considerations
- Petitions for guardianships enabling family members to make vital financial and other life decisions for minors or incapacitated adults — as well as estate planning to avoid the need for a guardianship
- Guidance and representation through every step in the Iowa probate process after the death of a loved one, in order to ensure assets are properly distributed and you are protected from liability
- Advocacy in disputes that may arise between heirs and other interested parties as part of estate administration, including will contests arising from allegations of a lack of capacity or undue influence exerted on the decedent
Contact Us For Estate Planning Counsel
Our work together on any estate planning or probate issue can begin with a free 30-minute initial consultation. To arrange a meeting at a time that works for you, call our highly accessible, conveniently located offices outside downtown Iowa City today at 319-359-6492.