Help For Planning Your Estate
Planning for the future and establishing the right legal documents for the protection of heirs are important steps. Many people are hesitant to begin estate planning, believing that they will have more time “tomorrow.” Often, tomorrow never comes, and, when a family member passes away, the estate administration process can be complex and intimidating during a time of grief.
At Johnston, Stannard, Klesner, Burbidge & Fitzgerald, P.L.C., we are a team of attorneys that can help you begin your estate plan and assist you with many of the issues related to estate planning and administration.
Comprehensive Estate Planning Services
Our knowledge and experience with a broad spectrum of legal matters, including family law and business law, informs all our estate planning work. We are attentive listeners and resourceful, creative problem-solvers as well as lawyers who know how to develop an estate plan that suits your individual needs.
We bring together more than a century of combined legal experience. You can confidently turn to us for counsel and representation in matters such as:
- The drafting of essential estate planning documents tailored to your specific needs
- The selection and development of more sophisticated estate planning tools
- Petitions for guardianships enabling family members to make vital financial and other life decisions for minors or incapacitated adults
- Advocacy in disputes that may arise between heirs and other interested parties
Managing All Types Of Estate Planning Documents
Having a strong estate plan depends on the documents that compose it. We can help you develop the necessary documents for your estate plan, including:
- A will to appoint beneficiaries and their inheritances
- A health care directive to specify your medical preferences
- A power of attorney to appoint someone to manage your business, financial and other personal needs
- Trusts to manage how and when your beneficiaries receive their inheritances, including living, testamentary, revocable and irrevocable trusts
No matter what you need in your estate planning, you deserve to have an experienced and committed lawyer at your side. We can help you protect your wishes and best interests before and after your passing by creating a personal estate plan tailored to your unique needs.
Contact Us For Estate Planning Counsel
Our work together on any estate planning issue can begin with a free 30-minute initial consultation. To arrange a meeting at a time that works for you, call our highly accessible, conveniently located offices outside downtown Iowa City today at 319-359-6492.