Constance Peschang Stannard
- Family Law
- Adoption Law
- Juvenile Law
- Child Custody
- Child Custody Mediation
- Child Support
- Parental Rights
- Visitation Rights
- Domestic Violence
- Post Divorce Modification
Connie was born in Clarinda, Iowa, but grew up in Rock Island, Illinois. She graduated from Rock Island Senior High School in 1969, and attended college in Illinois, graduating in 1973. Prior to attending law school as a non-traditional student, Connie was licensed as a teacher in both Illinois and Iowa. She taught children with special education needs (Learning Disabilities) in both states at the elementary level, first in Dubuque, Iowa and then back in her hometown o Rock Island, Illinois. She moved back to Iowa in 1982 to attend law school, graduating with her JD in 1985. She passed the bar and began working as a law clerk for the judges of the Sixth Judicial District of Iowa for two years. She then began the active practice of law, gradually shifting from general practice to one geared mainly to family law.
Connie has taken an active interest in issues surrounding domestic violence, child custody, and paternity. She has taken the 40 hour course in family law mediation and is able to negotiate settlements as well as try cases in court. Every family is unique and she likes to search for individual solutions to complex family cases. She has taken several cases on appeal to the Iowa Court of Appeals and the Iowa Supreme Court. Some rulings are published in full, others are not reported in the North West Reporter.
Connie resides in Coralville and enjoys reading and acting in community theatre.
- University of Iowa College of Law, Iowa City, Iowa
- J.D. - 1985
- MacMurray College, Jacksonville, Illinois
- B.A. - 1973
- Major: Elementary Education
- Rock Island Senior High School
- Iowa, 1985
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1992
- In re Marriage of Hansen (custody, joint physical care), 773 N.W.2d 683, 2007, Iowa
- In re Marriage of Malloy (custody, child support), 687 N.W.2d 110, 2004, Iowa App.
- In re Marriage of Campbell (property rights), 623 N.W.2d 585, 2001, Iowa App.
- In re Marriage of Halvorsen (paternity, custody), 521 N.W.2d 725, 1994, Iowa
- In re Marriage of Anderson (alimony), 522 N.W.2d 99, 1994, Iowa App